Heidi Klein is the UK’s leading luxury swimwear and beachwear brand. Established in 2002, the brand is well known for its effortlessly chic and unmistakably luxe resortwearand accessories.
With flagship stores in London, St Lucia and Porto Montenegro, a network of prestigious stockists including Saks, Bergdorfs, and Harrods, and a global ecommerce replatforming project underway, Heidi Klein is poised to continue our ambitious growth trajectory over the course of 2018 and beyond.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
Luxury swimwear brand, Heidi Klein, is offering a Work Placement Internship opportunity for an enthusiastic and passionate Student to support the Design & Product team in our North London studio. This opportunity offers an in-depth view of the product cycle and insight as to how the product moves from design into a production studio. This internship is for 2 days a week.
Working alongside the Design & Product team to assist in all aspects of the swim and RTW product cycle, from concept & initial development stages to production.
What the role entails:
• Research of current trends
• CAD/technical sketches
• Color trend research
• General office support responsibilities
• Assist with tech packs
• Measure incoming samples
• Prepare fabrics and trims to send out to suppliers
• Liaise with suppliers of fabric and trim information
• Admin Support
• Maintain fabric and trim inventory
• Assist with fittings
Skills / Experience:
• A great eye for colour
• CAD design skills
• Familiarity with the Adobe Suite
What will you learn / we will teach you:
• Construction and specifications of working with swimwear
• How to communicate with manufacturers from around the world
• How to create a collection line sheet
• How to merchandise a collection
• The process of creating a coherent RTW and swim collection
• An understanding of product lifecycle from initial garment concept through to production
• An insight into day to day business running
• A greater understanding of swimwear/RTW fit and construction
• How to research and present ideas
• Greater Design & Development insight, an overall view of how these departments work alone and with alternate teams
The ideal candidate should be organized, efficient, and have an eye for detail. We are looking for someone who would be a good communicator and is able to work on Illustrator and Photoshop. We are a small and committed team, and we are looking for someone with great energy and ability to work towards deadlines.
Available 2 days a week.
A stipend of £15.00 per day
Please apply to [email protected] & [email protected] with a CV, cover letter, and any supporting information/portfolio via the application form.
This is an exciting opportunity for a detail-oriented, organised and motivated person to join a growing Operations team. You will primarily be focused on working on eCommerce operations with a strong focus on ensuring our operating system is functioning and focusing on the connection between our online system and operating system. You should have ‘systems’ mindset and be focused on ensuring all information within our operating system is correctly entered.
This candidate will work closely with our Operations Coordinator and will be reporting into that position.
• Input manual web orders when there is an automated error
• Input manual web returns when necessary
• Receipt incoming stock
• Ensure pricing in the operating system is correct
• Ensure stock in various warehouse locations is accurate
• Clean system on monthly basis including reconciling open items
• System maintenance as necessary
• Facilitating Returns Labels
• Inputting Store Sales on a weekly and monthly basis
• Supporting the team as and when necessary
• Advanced excel knowledge is a must
• Strong numerical and analytical ability, with the ability to effectively present data analysis
• Excellent communication skills
• Positive and ‘can do’ attitude
• Ability to work under pressure, in a fast-paced environment whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy
Please email a copy of your Cover Letter & CV to [email protected]
Heidi Klein is a luxury beachwear brand, born and raised in the UK, which has achieved global acclaim in the 19 years since its creation by founders Heidi Gosman and Penny Klein in 2002.
“We set out to reinvent swimwear shopping into an exciting and enjoyable experience while providing everything our clients desired in order to look and feel gorgeous on holiday; all under one roof,” said Creative Director and Co-founder, Heidi Gosman.
Inspired by the wants and needs of its clients, Heidi Klein has a strong focus on exploring what works and what doesn’t and filtering this into a collection of exquisitely cut swimwear with an impeccable fit and lasting design. Heidi Klein is sold in over 140 stores and 39 countries. Heidi Klein remains an independent brand that evolves each season with chic and elegant designs for the well-travelled client.
About the wholesale admin role:
Reporting directly to the Wholesale Sales Manager, it is a hands-on role, communicating with 140 global wholesale customers that Heidi Klein currently work with.
This includes preparing for our campaigns, three collections over the year, monitoring the wholesale clients sell throughs, to maximise the brands performance. Organising swaps and re-orders to also maximise profitability. To target prospective wholesale customers, to increase the global footprint.
The role requires strong and clear communication skills, and to be able to adapt to working with all teams.
Being highly organised and being able to prioritize effectively to meet all demands both internal and external client needs.
The role also requires some merchandising understanding to be able to effectively & accurately extract data from the ERP system Prima to generate accurate stock report’s in excel.
It requires being able to interpret data and support the wholesale manager with reporting.
The role also overlaps with our operations department, when it comes to meeting customer’s needs and ensuring correct allocation of stock to full-fill their order requests and ensure the sale is gained.
The role is largely administrative based and requires a passion for data & numbers as well as hitting sales targets.
• Wholesale/Merchandising administration – using the Prima ERP system - entering orders, ensuring speed & accuracy. Emailing all Order confirmations
• Processing reorders & returns
• Lead a weekly shipping meeting with Operations every Monday to ensure all Wholesale orders are being fulfilled and sent out without any complications.
• Communicating to finance teams when payments come in.
• Logistics administration- assist with sending out credit notes /invoices to clients.
• Monitor and communicate weekly stock position.
Trading & Customer Service Duties:
• Work closely with the wholesale manager & merchandiser to provide trading suggestions through analysing weekly sell throughs of major customers -highlight where re-orders/swaps and RTV’s need to be issued.
• Ensure all stores have uploaded product correctly- price checks and style details checked– monitoring this each season.
• Creating brand and product training guides
• Undertake staff training at the start of each selling season of all London based stores to ensure that the staff are aware of all the technical or print updates to pass onto customers.
• Maintain relationships with all major clients, visits to all major stores every fortnight to check merchandising and presentation represents Heidi Klein accordingly.
• Supporting with management of showroom and sales campaign calendars organisation of sales appointments/ managing the calendar
• Research new markets and client prospecting by email and phone
• Maintain an update to date stockist/buyer database- existing and targets store’s
• Sending invitations – using mail merge
• Sample Management- sending samples to clients/agents, updating packing invoices, tracking numerous parcels.
• Target prospective wholesale customers through Linked In and e-mail, collect data on competitor stockists and keep up to date on latest travel trends to identify hot pop up locations spots per season.
Advanced excel knowledge is a must.
Strong numerical and analytical ability, with the ability to effectively present data analysis
Knowledge of /experience in ERP systems, Prima or similar system
Experience in stock reporting & management
Preparing internal meetings in PowerPoint & Excel
Operations, knowledge of using couriers.
Confidence with emailing & calling prospective clients.
Excellent communication skills
Positive and ‘can do’ attitude
Ability to work under pressure, in a fast-paced environment whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy.
1-2 years experience in similar wholesale or merchandising role essential
Employment based on: 4 days a week (Hours 9am – 5:30pm)
Salary dependent on experience
Please email a copy of your CV to [email protected]