Hello and welcome to our
live Customer Service
and personal shopping.
How can we help?
Privacy and Cookies
What are Cookies?
To order products on heidiklein.com you need to have cookies enabled - see the section on Managing cookies. If you don't wish to enable cookies, you'll still be able to browse the site and use it for research purposes. Most web browsers have cookies enabled, but see Managing cookies for help to turn them on should you need to.
Please note that cookies can't harm your computer. We don't store personally identifiable information such as credit card details in cookies we create, but we do use encrypted information gathered from them to help improve your experience of the site. For example, they help us to identify and resolve errors, or to determine relevant related products to show you when you're browsing.
We do have relationships with carefully-selected and monitored suppliers who may also set cookies during your visit to be used for remarketing purposes - in other words to show you different products and services based on what you appear to be interested in. If you'd like to opt out, please go to the Network Advertising Initiative website (opens in a new window - please note that we're not responsible for the content of external websites).
We're giving you this information as part of our initiative to comply with recent legislation, and to make sure we're honest and clear about your privacy when using our website. We know you'd expect nothing less from us, and please be assured that we're working on a number of other privacy and cookie-related improvements to the website.
To make full use of the online shopping and personalised features on heidiklein.com, your computer, tablet or mobile phone will need to accept cookies, as we can only provide you with certain personalised features of this website by using them.
Our cookies don't store sensitive information such as your name, address or payment details: they simply hold the 'key' that, once you're signed in, is associated with this information. However, if you'd prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from heidiklein.com, or any other website, you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different, so check the 'Help' menu of your particular browser (or your mobile phone's handset manual) to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Here's a list of the main cookies we use, and what we use them for. You'll find more information about 3rd party cookies in the next section
- Magento Session cookies: we use a session cookie to remember your log-in for you and what you’ve put in your shopping basket. These are necessary to the working of the website. If these are disabled then various functionality of the site will be broken. Expires after an hour of inactivity
- __utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz: Google Analytics tracking cookies. Various expiry times from 'now' to 6 months. More information on how Google uses these cookies can be found in the next section
- external_no_cache: Magento abstract session cookie, linked to `frontend`. Expires after closing the browser.
- hk_capture_seen: Remembers whether the data capture slide-up has been seen. Expires after closing the browser.
- Whoson: WhosOn tracking cookie to facilitate live communication with our customers expires 2020 . This cookie is linked to identifiable information that we hold about your activity to this website.This cookie does not hold any private information on your computer, or allow tracking of your visits to other websites.
- wordpress_*, wordpress_logged_in_*: Wordpress user login cookie (for Passport section). These are affixed with an unique hash (represented by *) and only exist while logged in to your customer account. All expire after closing the browser.
- wp-settings-*, wp-settings-time-*: Abstract Wordpress cookies generated after login, linked to `wordpress_*` and/or `wordpress_logged_in_*`. Both expire after 24 hours.
- For more information on session cookies and what they are used for: www.allaboutcookies.org/cookies /session-cookies-used-for.html
Third Party Cookies
When you visit heidiklein.com you may notice some cookies that aren't related to heidiklein.com If you go on to a web page that contains embedded content, for example from YouTube, you may be sent cookies from these websites. We don't control the setting of these cookies, so we suggest you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
Some of the business partners that may set cookies on heidiklein.com include:
- Linkshare affiliate cookies: These cookies show us how you found our website and which website you came from. This helps us know which of our online marketing channels is most effective. They also allow us to reward some external websites for directing you to us.
- Google Analytics: we use this to understand how the site is being used in order to improve the user experience. User data is anonymous. This information is stored on Google’s servers in the United States and Google will use this information to provide services relating to website and internet use. You can find out more about Googles position on privacy and its polices and principles as regards advertising www.google.com/policies/privacy/ads/
- Google: cookies are used to help us and our advertisers see which advertisements you click on and interact with. Each individual advertiser uses its own tracking cookies and the data taken is not confidential or interchangeable. Examples of these advertisers include Google (including Google-owned DoubleClick for paid advertising on Google.com) and Linkshare.
- Email tracking: we use Best Response to send out our email newsletter
If cookies aren't enabled on your computer, it will mean that your shopping experience on our website will be limited to browsing and researching; you won't be able to add products to your basket and buy them.
Each browser is different and will therefore have different instructions for managing cookies.
If you're not sure of the type and version of web browser you use to access the Internet:
For PCs: click on 'Help' at the top of your browser window and select the 'About' option
For Macs: with the browser window open, click on the Apple menu and select the 'About' option
Further information about cookies
If you'd like to learn more about cookies in general and how to manage them, visit www.aboutcookies.org (opens in a new window - please note that we can't be responsible for the content of external websites).